Here are the instructions to do the following with your iPhone:
1. Go to the Tool Pallette , find the Razor Blade tool by clicking on the small razor blade icon. You can also access the tool by pressing the “B” key on the keyboard to allow the cursor to change into a small razor icon.
2. After clicking the icon in Final Cut Pro, hold the mouse button down in order to choose between splitting multiple tracks or a single track.
3. You will be able to leave the accompanying tracks untouched such as the audio if you choose the single track as you will be allowed to just cut one track of the video at a certain point in your Timeline.
4. If you choose the multiple tracks you will be able to cut all the tracks in the sequence at that certain point in the Timeline.
5. Since you already have selected the razor blade tool you may then split the clip in to by clicking on it at the spot of the Timeline where you want it to be cut.
6. It is important to remember that if you click on another part of the clip it will create a second slice which will then produce a segment of a clip.
7. If you want to create a gap you just need to click on the point of the clip between the cuts and then hit on the Delete key. This will then show a gray area that represents the deleted piece.
8. If you want the clips to snap together just do the same thing on the previous step except that you need to press the shift/delete keys.